Last year my family and I decided to buy an inflatable hot tub. We did it for a few reasons. The first was the cost, the second being that it was a great way to test the waters, so to speak, without the major monetary commitment. And the other reason is that when we looked, the hot tubs we liked were all back-ordered. Tip, get an early start, whether it’s a real hot tub or an inflatable. If you decide mid-season, you are taking a chance, like we did.
Okay, so we bought it last July, and since then, I’ve had so many questions. I’ve made tons of videos but never wrote a review, so here we go, the pros and cons of owning an inflatable hot tub. The tips and all you need to know are in a video at the bottom.
Let’s begin with the pros…
- The cost, we bought ours for under 1k.
- The ease in which you set it up. You blow it up and just plug it in.
- It’s very stable and comfortable.
- The look is sleek for a plastic piece.
- Easy to figure out the mechanics.
- It’s pretty quiet, even with the bubbles.
- Has a light and bubble feature that shoots up from the bottom.
- When you set it up, it heats within 24 hrs.
- If the hot tub breaks, you roll it up and hopefully recycle it:).
- The heater goes up to 106 degrees F.
- The cover has 4-5 clips, so it’s safe.
- Some may not like the look.
- It’s work, see the video below. It was like my baby, I checked on it and cleaned it every day. My brother has a real hot tub and says the maintenance isn’t as much.
- You are sitting on the floor (cut a round piece of R5 installation for the bottom)
- The bubbles aren’t therapeutic, more calming.
- When you turn the bubbles on, you’ll lose some heat.
All in all, would I buy it again? Yes! I would, 1000%. You can find the one I bought from Amazon HERE. Please, read the reviews. While it is a great option for us, you may feel differently. We have the six person, it’s WORTH the extra money!!
Please excuse the weed can in the back. This is real life, friend!
You can see the R5 installation below. We cut two half circles and taped them.
You can watch the video below on how to maintain your inflatable hot tub this season.
This planter is the perfect size and texture. YOU can find it HERE.
This post contains affiliate links.
Have a happy day, friend! If you have any questions, drop them below.