Greek Key Inspired DIY Clock
Through the years I have come to know & embrace my style better:).
It has been a journey to find it but once I took the time to get to know myself & my family in our new home, it just came, it flowed and it was effortless.
My style has evolved into what I like to call- “Modern Rustic Country.”
I like to mix natural textures, rustic details with modern simplicity.
Keeping this in mind I tackled this project a few weeks ago last week….
A Greek Key Inspired DIY Clock.
It is super easy & fun, this is what you do….
1. Find a base. I used a 16″ x 16″ square piece of MDF with a 3/8″depth.
2. Buy your clock kit. I purchased from the craft store, you can also buy online. I purchased the larger hands separately.
3. Choose your paint or stain. I used a vinegar & steel wool solution.
4. Drill hole in center, I used a 1/2″ drill bit. Make sure you measure your clock insert.
5. Tape off your Greek Key Design or any design you choose. Be sure to press firmly around edges.
6. Using a foam brush layer your paint. I used Revere Pewter(B.M).
7. Pull off tape right away. Let dry & sand.
8. Seal with a wax, I used Anne Sloan’s Clear Wax.
9. Follow the directions from your clock kit to insert clock parts.
10. Hang & Enjoy!
In keeping with my Modern Country “Style” I mix different barn wood tones to give that rustic feel.
This Vintage French Market Basket I bought from the Country Living Fair in Rhinebeck, NY,
I just adore the natural patina.
This is very simple, just follow the directions.
The fun part is, you can turn almost anything into a clock.
Fresh Peonies from the garden.
I just love the how the colors compliment each other
& how this simple design feels at home in this space,
it makes me happy looking at it:).
If you liked this project then you might like these as well……
I am on Instagram & loving it!
Are you on too? Well then lets connect!
Have a wonderful week,
Sooo Pretty 🙂 i love it!! I’ve been in the middle of planning a clock for a few weeks still haven’t settled on “the one” yet but finding so much inspiration in yours!!
Oh Thanks Dria! I can’t wait to see yours, you are crazy talented:)!!!! When it is done please, please link up!
So pretty Jen! I have been looking forever for a clock for our kitchen and this might just be the answer! It’s beautiful!
Thanks Jesse!!! I know it is hard to find the perfect one sometimes:).Happy THursday!
I love it! So pretty and clever! I’m pinning!
Thank you Leslie! I hope you are having an amazing summer!
So simple but yet so stylish! And I always love looking at your photos!
Hello! I’m visiting from your feature at Southern Hospitality! I love what you have done with your home and I love your style. Pinning this clock project!
Oh how i miss making things! This would be one of those things I’d have to run out and get supplies for right away!
Comments are closed.