I went for a run last night to the bay and as I rounded the corner a saw a boat moored off the docks. It was a boat I hadn’t ever seen and it was old & very beautiful. It looked so peaceful out there by itself with the the sun setting in the background(first sunset in a long, long time with all of the east coast rain).
I said to myself ” I want that.” The beauty, the peace, the excitement(and yes the work). I also said to myself “not now but maybe someday.”
So I started to think about all the things I would like to do/have in my lifetime.
A wish list so to speak. So here is goes.
1. Own a sailboat.
Big enough to sleep and cook, maybe 36-40 ft, nothing huge. Use is for short trips, moor it more than sail it.
I would like to go to France, possibly visit where my grandfather was born, Nice would be nice. Ireland, visit where my mothers family was raised. Defiantly Italy, anywhere. And a trip back to California. I would also like to revisit Aspen, CO, that’s were my husband & I fell in love(maybe an anniversary, alone!).
3. Be featured in a publication.
Any publication, even the local paper, it’s been a dream since I started doing this 14 years ago.
4. Own a big old house on a good piece of property.
I love to dream of owning an old house again. I have redone an old house in the past so I am not naive about the work. This time I would be smarter though, I would PAY someone! I just adore all of the details & the history an old house has to offer.
5. Own an old cool vehicle to putts around town in.
I love those old Jeep Wagoners, again not naive to the work, I have had MANY old beaters.
That’s were I got stumped. I was now walking trying to think of what else I would wanted. Nothing………Blank………
The thing is, that in my lifetime I do want things but not as much as I want the intangibles.
6. I want happiness and health.
7. I want love in my home.
8. I want to make memories my children will remember all of their lifetime.
8. I want them to know that they are loved!
9. I want more good days than bad.
10. I want to still be an optimist in 20-30 years.
11. I want to always be learning & growing.
12. I want to always have a young spirit.
13. I want to give back.
14. I want to be grateful for all the things I have instead of the things I don’t have.
The list could go on & on but I will spare you:).
So there you have it my wish list.
Does anyone else dream like this or I am the only sap?