Happy July 4th!
What a special & important day for our country.
I can’t help but be sentimental on a day such as today.
Sharing the significance with my oldest son, Shane
makes it all the more special this year because he really gets it
& is excited to ask questions and learn.
Which is fun!
In honor of our beautiful country
I thought I would make a little celebratory cocktail for later
some cocktails for the kids to enjoy,
all in the spirit of today.
For The Grown Ups
Mint Berry Spritzer
1. Slice your strawberries, mint & blueberries.
Add a tbs of sugar & water.
Stir & store in the refrig.
2. Boil a cup of sugar with a cup of water.
Cool & store in refrig.
3. In a pitcher add a bottle of white wine,
berry mixture & syrup.
4. Pour over ice & fill 3/4 full, then add your tonic or club soda.
5. Garnish with spearmint.
For The Little Ones
Watermelon Mint Spritzer
1. Boil 1 cup of sugar with 1 cup of water.
Let cool & store in refrig
2.. In a blender mix seedless watermelon.
Add torn mint.
Store in refrig.
3. Add the watermelon mixture with the syrup
4. Pour over ice 3/4 full & add club soda.
5. Garnish with blueberries & spearmint.
Yumm! Sharing this link atCommon Ground
I hope you & your family enjoy the holiday!